Hi guest! Maybe consider registering on our new shiny forums!
Each week, The Reporters put their thumbs out to the good and the bad in the world of
Started by zhanjiao1212

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

0 posts in this topic
zhanjiao1212

405 posts 405 threads Joined: May 2019
07-05-2019, 06:11 AM -
Each week, The Reporters put their thumbs out to the good and the bad in the world of sports. Chance Adams Jersey . This week they discuss the Philadelphia 76ers, Gregg Popovich, Royal and Ancient Golf Club and Bill Belichick. Bruce Arthur, National Post My thumb is up to the Philadelphia 76ers, proud possessors of a win streak for the first time since two weeks before the Olympics began. Any task worth doing is worth doing with commitment, and while you can argue whether tanking to get a good draft pick should be worth doing, thats the system, and the Sixers have been crafting a masterpiece. Before Saturday night they had lost 26 in a row, 29 of 30, and 36 of 39, and 27 straight losses would have a set a new record for consecutive defeats. But Saturday in Philly, the Sixers pulled one out, blowing out the hapless Detroit Pistons by 25 and getting a standing ovation. It was a raft in an ocean, a blip in the sky. But now, no matter what, they can say this: it could have been worse. Steve Simmons, Sun Media My thumb is up to Gregg Popovich, who just might be the greatest coach in the history of professional sport. And I dont say that lightly with terrific respect for the work done by Scotty Bowman and Phil Jackson and Bill Belichick, and yeah, certainly Vince Lombardi. Put your championships aside for a moment - this is the 15th straight season in which Popovichs San Antonio Spurs have won between 50 and 63 games in the NBA. To put that into perspective, thats the same number of 50-win seasons combined over that time that the Knicks, Celtics, Bulls, Warriors, Nets, Wizards, Pacers, 76ers, Bobcats, Hawks, and Raptors have won. Having Tim Duncan helps. But Duncan at 37 is slowing down. Heading to another 60 win season, Gregg Popovich doesnt seem to be. Michael Farber, Sports Illustrated My thumb is up to the R&A, for finally entering a new century. The 20th. The Royal and Ancient is urging its membership to allow women to become members of the venerable St. Andrews golf club in Scotland when it votes in September. This is a mere 260 years after the home of golf was founded, which qualifies as progress. Two other courses in the Open Championship rotation, Muirfield and Royal St. Georges, have yet to tiptoe down this perilous path to equality. By comparison, the nice gentlemen at Augusta National, which started accepting female members in 2012 - hello, Condoleeza Rice! - look like wild-eyed progressives. Dave Hodge, TSN My thumb is up to New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick, for making me seem less crazy than others think I am. I have been saying for years that the complexities of video review are confusing and unnecessary, and that a better system would be a very simple system that allows anything to be challenged. And no less an authority than Belichick is leading a push in this direction in the NFL. Never mind "this can be challenged under certain circumstances, but not that under any circumstances"--as Belichick says, "if a coach thinks his team has been victimized by a bad call, he should be able to question it, and its up to him to use the limited number of challenge flags with that in mind."  As I say, "challenges might actually be fewer--same with wrong calls--and replay rules would be simpler. You can challenge those assumptions, but Bill Belichick wont. Greg Bird Jersey . The cause of his death is as of yet undetermined, but police said foul play is not suspected. Mike Tauchman Jersey .ca. Hi Kerry, Love reading your column and loved watching your analysis on the TSN broadcasts!And were now in Round 2! Bruins! Canadiens! We know all about the great games of the past from the players, the broadcasters and the writers. http://www.cheapyankeesjerseyschina.com/...ly-jersey/ .com) - NFL owners have unanimously approved the sale of the Buffalo Bills.WASHINGTON - Washington Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper came back from a lengthy stint on the disabled list Monday and didnt shy away from expressing how he thinks manager Matt Williams should address the lineup questions posed by his return. Harper, who missed 57 games because of a torn ligament in his left thumb, was batting sixth and playing left field as the Nationals opened a series against the Colorado Rockies on Bryce Harper bobblehead night. That meant Ryan Zimmerman, whos been playing left since being activated from his own stay on the DL, was back at third base. Anthony Rendon shifted from third to second, and Danny Espinosa was on the bench. Asked about Zimmerman, Harper said: "Hes great. I think he should be playing left." "I mean, Rendon is a great third baseman, he should be playing third and weve got one of the best second baseman in the league in Danny Espinosa," he said. "Of course, you want the best-hitting lineup in there and I think Rendon playing third and Zim playing left is something thats good for this team and I think that should be whats happening." That would presumably put Harper back in centre — where he played the majority of his games during his NL rookie of the year season in 2012 — in place of Denard Span. Williams was glad to get Harper in the lineup. As for Harpers lineup opinions, Williams didnt say much. "I think that I would say were happy to have him back," Willliams said. Joe Harvey Jersey. "And when hes out there, regardless of where hes at, wed like him to catch it when its hit to him and hit it when its thrown to him. And play the way Bryce plays. Thats important for us. I dont have any comment other than that." Williams repeated his past thoughts about moving players around depending on matchups and the need to ensure proper rest for his regulars, including 35-year-old right fielder Jayson Werth and 34-year-old first baseman Adam LaRoche. "Its fluid," Williams said. "Its todays lineup and thats going to be todays. Tomorrows may change." Monday night marked the first time since opening day - when catcher Wilson Ramos left the game with an injury - that this starting eight has taken the field. The 21-year-old Harper was hitting .289 with one home run and nine RBIs in 22 games before getting hurt. He played five rehabilitation games in the minors and hit .643, including three homers in a Double-A game over the weekend. "To be able to get back out there and play for a team thats in contention, its a lot of fun and Im excited to be back," he said. Washington began the day in second place in the NL East, a half-game behind Atlanta. To make room for Harper, the Nationals optioned left-handed reliever Xavier Cedeno to Triple-A Syracuse. Cedeno pitched in one game during his third stint in the majors this season. He threw a scoreless inning on Saturday against the Chicago Cubs. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '