Hi guest! Maybe consider registering on our new shiny forums!
LONDON - Two goals from Sergio Aguero earned Manchester City a point as it twice came
Started by zhanjiao1212

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

0 posts in this topic
zhanjiao1212

405 posts 405 threads Joined: May 2019
05-27-2019, 02:45 AM -
LONDON - Two goals from Sergio Aguero earned Manchester City a point as it twice came from behind in a 2-2 draw with Queens Park Rangers at Loftus Road in the Premier League on Saturday. Custom Utah Jazz Jerseys .QPR started the game on the front foot, putting pressure on the City players in torrential rain whenever they were in possession in an attempt to force mistakes.And striker Charlie Austin had two goals ruled out before giving QPR the lead in the 21st minute. Austins first was rightly disallowed for offside, as was the second, albeit in unusual circumstances.City goalkeeper Joe Hart took the resultant free kick from Austins offside strike, but accidentally kicked the ball twice. The ball landed at Austins feet and he controlled and scored, but referee Mike Dean disallowed it as rules state players cant have two successive touches from a free kick.Hart then denied Austin excellently from eight yards, before Austin finally struck. He controlled a smart delivery from Mauricio Isla on the right before swiveling and firing across Hart into the far corner.It was a deserved lead for Harry Redknapps side, but the goal sparked City into stepping up its intensity, and the visitors levelled 11 minutes later through Aguero.He controlled a long pass from Eliaquim Mangala superbly and weaved into space across Steven Caulker before clinically beating QPR goalkeeper Robert Green. The ball appeared to hit Agueros arm as he kept it under control, but the goal stood.But while Aguero was spearheading Citys charge, Austin was leading QPRs attack just as dangerously in a relentless display of attacking football from both sides.And Austin was the creator as QPR hauled itself back into the lead in the 76th.Eduardo Vargas beat Yaya Toure to possession in midfield and picked out Austin, who burst down the right before whipping the ball toward his strike partner Bobby Zamora. Martin Demichelis jostled in front of Zamora and made contact with the ball, but only managed to divert it into his own net.But City nearly levelled through Aguero a minute later.He had a shot cleared off the line by former City defender Richard Dunne after the Argentina striker pounced upon a woefully short headed back pass from Joey Barton, before taking the ball around Green.QPR didnt accept the warning sings, instead looking to increase its advantage in the 80th, when Vargas brilliant acrobatic kick bounced narrowly wide.City poured forward looking to equalize, and it arrived in the 83rd. Aguero controlled a pass from Toure, rounded Green yet again and fired in for his 12th goal of the season, with four QPR defenders on the line trying to block his effort.QPR striker Austin admitted after that he was frustrated at not taking all three points from the game.Tonight, we have come off the pitch disappointed at not winning against the champions, Austin said, while Zamora acknowledged his team was unfortunate.It is a big point against a very good team. It would have been a great scalp, Zamora said.Redknapp also believed his team would hold on.I really felt at 2-1 we would go on and win the game, the manager said. When we went 1-0 up, we were well on top and they scored against the run of play. You cant relax when they have got so many quality players in the team.City manager Manuel Pellegrini praised Agueros performance, adding he felt his team is in an unlucky moment.Aguero had all of the QPR defence in trouble whenever he had the ball, Pellegrini said. Again, this team demonstrates we are fighting. We are not playing very well, but had enough chances to win the game. Jonas Jerebko Jersey . -- Canadas Justin Shin shot an 8-under 64 on Thursday on PGA Wests Nicklaus Tournament Course to take the first-round lead in the Web. Rudy Gobert Jersey . Sure, Josh Browns 45-yard field goal on the third drive of overtime lifted the New York Giants to a 23-20 win over Detroit on Sunday. But the Lions (7-8) dropped themselves out of the NFC North race by losing five of their last six games, blowing fourth-quarter leads in each setback. http://www.jazzauthentic.com/kids-adrian...zz-jersey/ .com) - On the bright side, either the Minnesota Wild or Buffalo Sabres will end their losing streak on Thursday night.SEATTLE – After a minor setback, back tightness, pushed his expected return back one day, Adam Lind is scheduled to return to the Blue Jays lineup in time for Tuesday nights game in Seattle. Linds bat has been sorely missed against right-handed pitching. Hes posted a .369/.434/.570 slash line against righties. Each of his four home runs and 17 total extra-base hits has come off right-handers. The news is almost as positive on Encarnacion. He will begin a minor league rehabilitation assignment with Triple-A Buffalo on Tuesday night. The Blue Jays are targeting Friday night in Chicago for Encarnacions return. Despite missing more than five weeks with a quadriceps strain, Encarnacions 26 home runs rank as the fifth-most in baseball this season. MILLS ONE AND DONE Left-hander Brad Mills, added to the roster to offer the Blue Jays bullpen depth, pitched 2 1/3 innings in relief of Drew Hutchison in Mondays 11-1 loss to the Mariners. He allowed five runs on four hits and three walks while striking out two. Mills was designated for assignment after the game, a move which removes him from the 40-man roster. In two appearances with the Blue Jays this season (the other, two innings of eight-run ball on July 21 versus Boston), Mills has pitched to an ERA of 27.00. THE DAY AFTER THE EVENING BEFORE Chad Jenkins six innings of work on Sunday marked his longest outing of the season. He threw 73 pitches, tying his second-highest total of the year. During one of his on option stints with Triple-A Buffalo, Jenkins was a starter. He threw a season-high 82 pitches over 5 1/3 innings on May 29. His other 73-pitch appearance came in the game prior, a five inning outing. "A little sore. My backs a little tight. The plane ride obviously didnt help much (Sunday) night," said Jenkins. "Other than that I feel great. I threw today. My arm feels fantastic. Hopefully Ill be ready to go in a couple of days." Never before had the Blue Jays played in a 19-inning game. Never before had the franchise competed for more than six hours in a single day. "Its more fun to know that Im part of Blue Jays history," said Jenkins. "(Pitching coach) Pete (Walker) came in and hes like, Hey, you broke my record. Im like, What record? and he goes, I was the winning pitcher for the longest game and he goes I threw four innings in relief so you not only one-upped me but you did it in a longer game." Just to correct the record, Walker pitched the final three innings of thee Blue Jays 18-inning, 2-1 win over the Angels on July 28, 2005. Jae Crowder Jersey. Aaron Loup pitched the final inning and got the win in the franchises only other 18-inning game, a 4-3 win over Texas on June 8, 2013. Brad Lincoln had pitched the previous four innings. Jenkins is on his fifth recall of the season. Hes spent more time driving the QEW between Toronto and Buffalo than anyone would care to. Following Sundays game, with the bullpen used up, it would have made business sense to option Jenkins to Buffalo for a fresh arm. The club did add left-hander Brad Mills to the roster on Monday but at the expense of infielder Ryan Goins. "After (Sundays) game, you send him down, that can be a morale killer," said manager John Gibbons. "You know, (with) what he did for the guys." "Its a huge confidence boost to know that Gibby and Pete and all those guys were fighting for me. They wanted me to stay," said Jenkins. "Its a huge pick-me-up because I was sitting there thinking in the bullpen, Well, Im definitely going to get sent down after this game so I might as well go out with a bang. It was nice. We got the W and I got to make a plane flight." DICKEY WAS NEXT Knuckleballer R.A. Dickey would have been the Blue Jays next pitcher had Sundays marathon with the Tigers gone to a 20th inning. "Its been a while since I came out of the pen so I just got myself as hot as I could get myself and just shut it down and was going to start playing catch again with two outs," said Dickey. "But when we got first and third with nobody out (in the 19th), I just was hoping, hoping, and we did. We pulled it off." Dickeys last relief appearance came in his 2012 Cy Young season with the Mets. It didnt go well. He pitched the ninth inning of an 8-5 loss to the Dodgers at Citi Field on July 21 of that year, giving up two runs. Having started on Friday, Sunday was Dickeys bullpen day. He threw his side session prior to the game and also did a heavy weight lift. Hed have done his best. Maybe hed have felt less pressure entering a situation with which he was unaccustomed? Take the "nothing to lose" mentality? "Thats one way to go," said Dickey. "Or the other way is, my teammates have just busted their ass for 19 innings and its up to you now, off the bench cold, to try to help out. There are a bunch of mindsets to try to cling on to. You try to cling to the one that gets you to your happy place." Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '