Hi guest! Maybe consider registering on our new shiny forums!
Youth Vernon Butler Jersey
Started by panxing18

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

0 posts in this topic
panxing18

36 posts 36 threads Joined: Jul 2019
08-07-2019, 01:39 AM -
The Panthers need defensive linemen Youth Vernon Butler Jersey , and Zach Allen would be a great fit for Ron Rivera’s hybrid defense."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Keep Sounding PodcastPanthers 2019 NFL DraftCSR Film RoomCarolina Panthers Film RoomPanthers 2019 NFL DraftFilm room scouting report on Boston College defensive end Zach AllenNew,33commentsThe Panthers need defensive linemen, and Zach Allen would be a great fit for Ron Rivera’s hybrid defense.EDTShareTweetShareShareFilm room scouting report on Boston College defensive end Zach AllenWinslow Townson-USA TODAY SportsZach Allen was named the Connecticut Player of the Year in 2014 after his stellar senior season at New Canaan High School. Allen was a vital special teams player during his freshman campaign, but he grew into a productive defender beginning in 2016. During his four seasons at Boston College, Allen posted 18.5 sacks, 40.5 tackles-for-loss, two interceptions, 16 pass deflections, and one forced fumble.Allen’s athletic composite score was grouped with the defensive linemen. He didn’t disappoint. He had a 1.0 sigma SPARQ, which places him in the 84th percentile. Film reviewAllen was primarily used as an edge rusher for the Eagles Stitched Vernon Butler Jersey , but given his frame and athletic testing he projects better to a 3-4 defensive end or an interior defensive lineman. There are times when a defender can get pressure, but he doesn’t finish which limits his production. That wasn’t the case for Allen. His EPA on sacks and tackles-for-loss was -26.3 according to Sports Info Solutions. That is fourth best among defensive tackle prospects.Allen does not have the athleticism to be a full time edge in the league due to his stiffness, but that doesn’t mean he showed some interesting traits. He rushes from a 3 point stance, but the most impressive part about this rush is how well he converts speed to power. His footwork is perfect as he angles it towards the quarterback, which makes it easier for him.Here is a a similar example of converting speed to power. Allen is able to locate the chest plate, but then this time he uses a rip move to get the blocker’s hands off him. His pass rush repertoire is limited, but his bull rush is formidable. Allen plays with a nasty streak on the field, which makes him relentless when he’s pursuing the quarterback. He doesn’t exhibit any pass rush move on this play, but he gets through multiple offensive linemen including the running back to force a hit.If Allen does transition into an interior role, he should project well. His arm over move on this play highlights his hand use and strength to find his way to the backfield. On the whole Youth Taylor Moton Jersey , this play along with many others show his limitations as an edge rusher. While he does get by the offensive tackle, he can’t close the surface area in time due to his limited agility. Allen is a productive run defender. He possesses the hand strength and lateral range to set an edge. He gets into position by initially making contact, but then he side shuffles laterally to hold the edge against any front side run. This play is exactly why Allen should transition into a 5-technique in even or odd fronts.Allen shows his strength and hand use on this play when he stacks and sheds the blocker for the TFL. He has the length on top of his strength to be an every down lineman.Allen is an elite athlete for a defensive lineman, so it isn’t surprising when his athleticism shows up in games. On this play, Allen looks to have been a bit over eager biting inside. He recovers with some decent fluidity to limit the rush.Fit with CarolinaI can’t think of a more seamless fit for Carolina’s new hybrid defense than Zach Allen. He projects to be a 5-technique in their base packages, but they can leave him on the field for their pass rushing packages as a 3-technique. The Panthers don’t have a traditional 3-4 end on their roster, so if they are transitioning into a hybrid defense than players like Allen need to be on the roster. I don’t expect Allen to be a top 50 player, but if he’s sitting there in the third round Carolina should take a strong look. There is no shortage of controversy surrounding the Panthers’ selection at the end of the third round" />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteCat Scratch Readera Carolina Panthers communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsSectionsAboutPanthersOddsShopStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Keep Sounding PodcastPanthers 2019 NFL DraftCSR Film RoomFiled underTongueanthers 2019 NFL DraftThe Panthers are now prepared for the unexpected after drafting Will Grier at No. 100 overallNew,17commentsThere is no shortage of controversy surrounding the Panthers’ selection at the end of the third roundEDTShareTweetShareShareThe Panthers are now prepared for the unexpected after drafting Will Grier at No. 100 overallBrian Spurlock-USA TODAY SportsWith the No. 37 pick in the third round of the NFL Draft the Carolina Panthers stunned many fans with the selection of West Virginia quarterback Will Grier. I myself stood with the confused crowd. Seems like a pretty high draft pick for a sure fire back-up player we will only see play in the preseason. The more I dug into the background of Grier the more I like the pick. College productionWow...Grier threw 37 touchdowns with eight interceptions and a 175 quarterback rating.No wonder the West Virginia faithful called him ‘Touchdown’ Jesus’. They will certainly miss Grier in the coming season. Can we agree this is elite passing production for a college quarterback? I can’t agree to that nickname though. He’s starting with a clean board in Carolina, what you did in college means nothing in training camp. This is the only highlight video you need to watch:It takes a little while to show 71 touchdown passes. No I did not count them but it was a bunch. Many of those touchdown passes were against very good defenses.Pro Football Focus EvaluationFeel free to watch the video linked but here’s the summary:Grier is also getting knocked on his potential because most of his success came from the initial play call Stitched Taylor Moton Jersey , not from improvising in response to coverage changes or play break down. No doubt that NFL defenses will look to change things up after snap when facing Grier. In fact I predict he will throw an INT before a touchdown this preseason. Mistakes should be expected.None of that means Grier doesn’t have a future in Carolina. A lot can change over the course of a rookie contract. Grier will at least be given the chance to develop without the pressure of having to start.More immediately Grier will be fun to watch in the preseason given Norv Turner is bound to call plays that match his throwing strengths. Preseason football will have a little more excitement this year Panther fans.NFL comparisonChris Trapasso with CBS Sports thinks Grier reminds him of Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton. I’m not so sure that is the best comparison. The more I watch him the more he makes me think of former Panthers quarterback Jake Delhomme. His profile sure reads like Delhomme. Delhomme made the most of his talent and had a propensity to make big plays at the end of games, at least until late in his career. He was a gunslinger who wasn’t afraid to throw into tight windows.Does he fit the Panthers’ offense?The Panthers offense features a lot of short passing to running back Christian McCaffrey as well as the tight end and slot receiver. We know firsthand how some of the shorter throws can be the most difficult for certain quarterbacks…like Cam Newton. This will be a focus in his first training camp. Speaking of training camp I now have another thing on my ‘I can’t wait to see’ list for training camp. The crowd loves deep passes in training camp, they always get lots of ‘ohhs’ and ‘ahhs’. I can see a friendly competition building should Grier make some early connections, even if he starts out as the third or fourth stringer. Things might be a little awkward for Kyle Allen and Taylor Heinicke with Grier in the mix but I don’t expect the back-up job to be handed to Grier right out of the gate. I give it a week or two before he will taking second team reps.The good and bad evaluationsI’m not here to completely sugar coat the selection of Grier. Here’s a not so good take on the pick.Well that fantasy analysis is stating the obvious for just about every quarterback selected in the third round. I know many fans wanted the Panthers to select a safety with this pick. There were still a couple good ones still on the board. Chauncy-Gardner Johnson and Amani Hooker could to mind first. So should the Panthers struggle at safety or either of these players become all Pros the selection of Grier will be lamented until he gets that chance to play in meaningful games.SummaryGrier is a player with huge upside but will need time to develop the footwork, timing and mental aspects of the NFL game. He appears to have all the intangibles a player needs to succeed so if he works hard he could be just the man we need should he have to step in at some point in the future. Which is really what this pick is about, having a viable option behind Cam Newton just in case of the unexpected. For that reason i have a hard time knocking this selection.